Here's how most fortune 500 companies protect their data:
- All their systems are completely automated
- The data is copied to a central location
- Highly skilled technicians implement and monitor the process
In the late 1990's a leading backup software company released a solution
that allowed smaller businesses and individuals to backup to a centralized
server, via connectivity with the Internet, so they too could have a highly effective, and automated, backup solution, just like Fortune 500 companies,
but without the overhead. This software is a key component of Essential
Technology Services' (ETS') Remote Backup Service (RBS).
The advantages of this innovative solution to a typical business are enormous:
- Files are protected by state-of-the-art encryption; only the
customer can retrieve their files
- Completely automated off-site protection
- Fast online recovery of any version of any protected file
- Easy installation and setup
- Only an internet connection is required, eliminating the need
for expensive backup equipment and media
- The backup server is monitored by highly skilled technicians whose
only job is to make sure the backups are performed properly
This is how it works....
- Step 1:
The ETS remote backup software on the client automatically wakes up (usually
late at night), determines which files have been modified or created
since the last backup, compresses (to minimize storage requirements)
and then encrypts the identified files (for security).
- Step 2:
When the data is ready, the computer uses its Internet connection to contact
the Essential Technology Services' server and transmits the data.
Our servers verify and store the data and sends the client a confirmation email
to show that the backup took place.
- Step 3:
Every 30 minutes, the client's data is replicated onto a secondary
ETS server and the next morning our servers are backed up onto removable media
that is placed in a bank vault for additional safe keeping.
Clients can rest assured their data is safe with ETS, because
it has been encrypted and stored at two off-site locations, plus it's
immediately retrievable when they need it.